Art by nature, and Micki

Pressed Flower Art. It's simple. Nature provides the medium, I just help preserve it's beauty.

" N Art" is so I can include my other creative adventures from time to time.





Thursday, March 8, 2012

Friends, Family and Fun At The Philadelphia International Flower Show

The race to finish my pieces for the flower show has come and gone. Show prep, set-up and judging are all in the past. For me, the opening weekend of the Philadelphia International Flower Show is mixed with fun,stress, time with family and friends, excitement and very little rest. I wouldn't be honest if I said I didn't like it, despite all the work involved.

Some of the highlights for me include days with fellow pressed flower artists, lots of good meals, and the opportunity to see the show before mostly everyone.

The theme this year is Hawaii. It ranks at the top of my list of recent flower shows. I love the show every year, but this one is a winner in my eyes. There have been many changes behind the scenes and on the floor. Regular show goers will notice things aren't in their usual place. For those of us in the Pressed Plants classes, and other small artistic classes, this is great news. We have relocated from the very back of the show to just behind the main entrance. I love it. I have seen more people view our walls this weekend than ever.

Here's a few pictures, more to follow.









1 comment: