Art by nature, and Micki

Pressed Flower Art. It's simple. Nature provides the medium, I just help preserve it's beauty.

" N Art" is so I can include my other creative adventures from time to time.





Saturday, June 26, 2010

What's Pressing....















Mega pressing this weekend. Loads of hydrangeas provided by a friend and a coworker. The blues are needed for many of my backgrounds. They make beautiful skies. The hydrangea are time consuming to press. Each flower has to be done individually if I plan to use them as backgrounds. Sometimes I leave small clusters together for arrangemenmts.









I've also collected some rudbeckia, verbena and a variety of cosmos from my own garden.


During the summer months, it's hard to find time to create when trying to catch all of the flowers at their best time for pressing.



















But I am feeling inspired by all of the flowers I have been working with this past weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment